I aim to make my 2017 a year of pushing myself. I want to travel more, dive into blogging more, come out of my comfort zone more. basically I want 2017 to be more! Fellow blogger Stephanie has put together a challenge of 10 questions to help look back over the past year but also to look forward and set goals for next year. So here it is, the Travel Whispers Blogger Challenge.
Each Travel Whispers blogger Challenge post can be found by clicking the link to the next blog at the bottom of the post. So take the time to read through a few. You might find new bloggers to follow or some great travel ideas. Use the #TravelWhispers hashtag to find them on Twitter and Instagram.
The Travel Whispers Blogger Challenge
1. If you had to move to a country that you’ve NEVER been to, and live there for ten years, where would you go?
My first thought was Australia, because I have been dreaming of an Aussie life since I was a kid and used to watch The Sleepover Club. Yes, really. A children’s TV show inspired my travel dreams. But to be honest, if money was no object, I would choose New Zealand. Absolutely beautiful landscape (close enough to Scotland that I won’t get too homesick) and apparently super nice people. Win/Win.
2. If you had to stay in a hotel for the rest of your life, which hotel would you chose, and why?
I’m a budget traveller when possible so the hotels I’ve stayed in probably wouldn’t be suitable for a lifetime ha! I did stay in a BNB in Canada a few years back in a little town in Quebec called Sherbrooke. It was heaven. I would happily live there forever! It was called Marquis de Montcalm and the rooms/suites were absolutely beautiful. The one I stayed in was called Jardin de Luxembourg
3. If you could only eat the cuisine of one nationality forever more, which would you choose?
Easy. Italian. I’ve never been to Italy. But I can only assume if I love the Italian food in Scotland, Italian food in Italy would blow my mind. And I’m a big fan of a good cup of coffee. Italian all the way!
4. Who has given you holiday envy this year, and how?
My friend is currently spending Christmas in Thailand and her Snapchats and Instragrams are seriously making me jealous! Then in contrast to the paradise that is Thailand, anyone who has been travelling Alberta, Canada this year is driving me nuts with how badly I want to go there!
5. If you had to look at the same sunrise or the same sunset every day, where in the world would you never get bored of seeing? Please don’t say sitting outside Cafe Mambo in Ibiza.
Can I say somewhere else in Ibiza? There are so many places to choose from but having this view from out hotel room in Portiniatx was perfect. I would maybe get bored of the town, but not that view!
6. If you were taking a ‘staycation’ in your home town, where would it be and what would you recommend others to do?
Glasgow, Scotland. I would go into town and take a trip around the free museums like the GoMa and Kelvingrove Art Galleries. Then I’d walk up to Glasgow University to walk the grounds and pretend I’m in Hogwarts. Go for a coffee and a bite to eat at one of the many lovely cafes in the west end and then head out to Pollok Park to explore and sit by the river. Perfect day.
7. Describe your perfect travel day of the year?
I think it may be the day that we tried to climb a mountain, and went in the absolute opposite direction and ended up at this amazing view-point at the head of Loch Lomond 10km away. A great example of getting lost, but it working out for the best.
8. What have you ticked off your bucket list in 2016?
9. What is top of your travel bucket list for 2017?
Working Holiday to Australia (10 years in the making. Please.)
10. Share your favourite Instagram photo of 2016?
Definitely this picture from our day in Mugdock Country Park. The colours were incredible and it’s just a nice reminder of a lovely day 🙂
Check out other bloggers that have taken part in the Travel Whispers Blogger Challenge:
If you want to get involved join the Facebook group!